Ukrainian cuisine – it is without a doubt the «eighth wonder» of the country!
It is flavours and colours of Ukrainian culture and is a very much a part of the population's lifestyle and customs.
Well-known for its great diversity and amazing flavours. Popular ingredients in the cuisine of Ukraine are meat, mushrooms, vegetables, berries, fruit and herbs.
Borshcht, dumplings, pancakes, porridges and, of course, bacon, which is widely used in many dishes - a business card of Ukraine!
• Borshch – beet soup often made with meat
• Ukha – fish soup typically with carp
• Vinigret – beetroot salad made with beans, peas and onions.
• Oseledets – pickled herring salad with onion, sunflower oil and pepper
• Kapustianyi – sauerkraut salad with oil, walnuts and mayonnaise
• Rosolnyk: soup with pickles
• Varenyky – boiled dumplings with mushrooms, potatoes, sauerkraut, cottage cheese, cherries or berries
• Holubtsi – cabbage rolls stuffed with millet or minced meat with rice
• Blyntsi – crepes served with meat, cheese, fruit or caviar
• Pechenya – roast pork, lamb, beef or veal
• Studynets – jellied meat or fish
• Kotljetys – fish or meat fritters
• Deruny – potato fritters served with sour cream or cottage cheese
• Shashlyk – type of shish kebab usually with marinated lamb and vegetables
• Kvas – made from bread with a sweet-sour taste
• Compote – dried or fresh fruit drink
• Kefir – sour milk